Hi Matt,

I attempted to use the zmq egg for a while and ran into the same problem. I
did not have the time to debug it too much so I abandoned using it,
although I would like to pick it up at some point in the future.

That being said, I think it is GC/finalizer/memory-leak related. I would
get segfaults unless I set a static heap size. Eventually it would fill up
the heap though. I am reasonably confident that it was zmq with the issue
and not my code, although I did not get it down to a nice test case. I
remember also thinking it may be related/compounded by the use of threads.
Those may be avenues to investigate. I may be able to checkout an old
branch and run some tests if you need/want me to, but I just don't have too
much time to investigate it with you at the moment. I wish I did.

Thanks,

-Thomas Hintz