On 4 August 2015 at 21:52, Peter Bex <pe...@more-magic.net> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of CHICKEN 4.10.0
> at the following URL:
> http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.10.0/chicken-4.10.0.tar.gz

Hi,

Had trouble with this release on MS Windows Vista (32-bit). Re-installed
MinGW and tried again. Tried both from bash in MSYS and Windows' cmd. If
works for a while before dying. Here is the relevant portion.

gcc -Wl,--enable-auto-import -shared -Wl,--out-implib,libchicken.dll.a \
          -o libchicken.dll library.o eval.o data-structures.o ports.o
files.o extras.o lolevel.o utils.o tcp.o srfi-1.o srfi-4.o srfi-13.o
srfi-14.o srfi-18.o srfi-69.o posixwin.o irregex.o scheduler.o profiler.o
stub.o expand.o modules.o chicken-syntax.o chicken-ffi-syntax.o
build-version.o runtime.o apply-hack.x86.o -lm -lws2_32
library.o:library.c:(.text+0x342b8): undefined reference to `getc_unlocked'
library.o:library.c:(.text+0x34310): undefined reference to `getc_unlocked'
library.o:library.c:(.text+0x3433e): undefined reference to `getc_unlocked'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
library.o: badreloc
 address 0x0 in section `.data'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libchicken.dll] Error 1

Complete output available if needed.

Thanks.