Whew!  You seem very angry.  Why breed at all?  Do you have any shelters or local rescue groups in the area that would love to adopt out or foster some some very needy furry friends?
Just a thought.

Best, Bill F., volunteer,Saddleback Valley Humane Society and SPCA

Melissa Schlieve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

William Faulds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Excellent message, Sher!!!  Thank you very much, Bill Faulds

Sher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is in no way an attempt at causing trouble nor stirring things up
but..............

Are you aware that APRI is what is known as a 'junk registry'? By that I
mean that ANY one with ANY dog can register it as a purebred whatever as
long as they pay the fee. Many Puppy Millers and BYBs that have been ousted
from good registries like AKC and the Canadian Kennel Club use APRI because
they will accept anyone. Have you had you boy tested for bruccelosis (an STD
that is inherited) or had him OFA certified for his heart and knees? These
are things that can be passed on genetically and should NOT be. The only
reason to breed ANY dog, IMO, is to better the breed and using an APRI dog
will probably not do that. Do you have his pedigree at least 5 generations
back showing sound and healthy dogs? If not, how can you be sure that he
will not father a 'throw back' that will be so large that it will kill the
female either during the pregnancy or during birth?

I KNOW you love your 'Boots Boy" and that is how it should be. And I know
you want him to live a long and healthy life. There is one BIG thing you can
do to help insure that this happens. Get him neutered! each day that passes
after his testicles descend increase his chances of developing testicular
cancer sooner or later and I am sure you want to avoid that a all costs. The
price of neutering is NOTHING compared to what you will go through if this
happens.

I can get pretty passionate about this subject since I have been involved
with Chihuahuas and rescue for over 18 years and I hope I have not offended
you or anyone else on this list.

Thanks for listening,
Sher & 6 happy (altered), healthy Chi babies

Sher.. Yes i have had him tested.. all i have to do is give 50 dollars and he would be akc... and i have his pedigree going back 10 generations.. he has 4 champanions.. and i saw his parents and he has been tested on his heart and knees the doctor said that he is in perfect condition and that he could be bred with my 7 lbs female.. he is only going to be 4 lbs.. I know alot of dogs in the show sercate that are APRI registered. and ckc and akc.. i have seen some messed up akc dogs too so not all of them are ill if they are APRI.. I had a AKC CAMPANION GERMAN SHEPARD AND He had epelipsy and also had bad knees .. and he threw bad pups.. so don't tell me only APRI are junk breeds.. Oh yeah and the german shepard died at age 3. from a Seizure... I have never had a problem with APRI dogs. i don't breed them for show i bred them for my family.. WHom can't afford a chihuahua for 2,500. I give them to them.. I dont sell.. I am not a Puppy mill and where i bought him wasn't a puppy mill. they only had mommy and daddy.. they only bred them 3 times in 3 years.. THANK YOU.

melissa

Do you Yahoo!?

" Lets talk about man's best friend!