I, like you, missed the original post. They  might want to have a qualified vet or shelter check the pooch to see if it is "chipped."  Long shot, but worth a try.  Our 4 cats and 3 chihuahuas (all rescues) are all chipped "just in case."

Best, Bill Faulds

Susan Ravan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I missed the original post, but if you will do a search,  you should find a
collie rescue that you can call.  Most states have purebred rescues and you
should find some assistance there.  Since she is agitated, it may be that
this puppy is lost or abandoned.  No, a shelter would make her a wreck.
Good luck with this puppy.
Susan Ravan