I have to say that I agree that we make a promise to our dogs when we adopt them into our family. However, as a breeder we can't keep every dog we ever adopt or produce out of our matings. If we did, many of us would not have husbands. I was recently faced with this decision. I wanted to add a different characteristic into my line and my husband insisted that we part with another dog to make room in our bed. As I said I made a promise to him that he would always be loved and cared for. I spent much time and energy in finding him a fabulous home that he had adjusted to and is getting much more attention as the only dog than he would have by having to share with our other dogs. I still keep in contact with him and his new parents and they absolutely adore him. He seems to adore them as well.....
Just my opinion....
Tawnya
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 2/14/2006 12:57:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:I hope I don't offend you, but TRADING A DOG? How cruel can you possibly get? That little brindle Chi is a living, breathing, thinking, feeling creature that was probably scared to death, not mention wondering what he had done wrong to deserve being dumped so casually. My Chi's are my babies and I could no more trade any one of them than I could trade off my husband for a newer model. It was great that you wanted a pup, but you should have kept the brindle too. I true dog lover always has room in his or her heart for one more.Gloria====================================[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:Let me first say that I don't know the complete story here, my response is only to say, I agree with Gloria, that my little dog, is part of my family. He's my first dog in my adult life. When he joined my family, I made a spiritual pact with him, to take care of him, until the end of his days, or mine.I wondered if he would be on my death bed, as I have HIV, or me on his. I just don't know which would be more heart wrenching (for me).But, I have made a pact with him, I will take care of him, in any way I can, for life.Bill (SFO) San Francisco CA
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "Chihuahuas" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Tawnya
Bowman
Always better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow.
" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "
SPONSORED LINKS
| Breed charm dog italian | Dog breed gift | Dog breed t shirt |
| Dog breed charm | Dog breed shirts | Chihuahua |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "Chihuahuas" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

