Hi Connie,

  My parents who are in their 70's were menaced by the large german
shepard that lives above them. I bought them each some pepper spray.
It has a belt clip and easy pull on it since my mom has arthritis. I
think a blast of that will stop them. I also think if the dog jumped
on your baby, the animal control and police could have legally taken
it away from those terrible owners.
Vicki

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Connie
>
> In your initial post about the BB gun you had only  written the
dogs were in
> your yard and strewing your trash around.    In a couple later
posts you tell
> that the dogs are aggressive.  That is  very different then the
first post I
> emailed back on.  I don't know that a  BB gun would even fend off
an aggressive
> medium size dog.  I do not know  tons about guns.   My brothers
and Dad are
> pretty much gun  experts.  My brother in law was in the army and
then was a
> police officer  for many years until he was hurt on the job.
Because of these
> guys I've  had to hear way more about guns over the years than
anyone should
> have  to=)  Check with your hubby, he would know way more than I
do, but like a
> .22 wouldn't ward off an attacking grizzly bear, I don't think a
BB gun  with
> plastic BBs is going to make a mid size dog stop.  I do think
there is  a
> chance you could end up shooting one of these jumping around dogs
in the  eye.
> Also, there is the chance of some of your creepy sounding
neighbors  seeing you
> and reporting you to the police.  You are in a bad spot  there.
I'm really