I agree with Connie.  If the neghbor's JR bit my child, the dog would be
history.  Most of the advise and outrage I have read are pretty useless.
Ammonia and water?  And if you are downwind?  Call animal control?  Usually
ineffectve as well.  Trap the dog ?  Not her responsibility.  She seems to
have solved the problem with the dogs.  Not to everyone's liking, but that's
life.  A link here or there doesn't constitute law anywhere, much less
everywhere, or even from town to town in the same state.
Animals have NO rights.  Rights are legislated for people.  Animal welfare
is fine - I have been involved with several rescue organizations.  If I had
come home to the neighbor's dogs eating a foal of mine it had killed, I
would use the 3S rule.  Forget BBs, I'd use a 12 guage.  And for those
offended by that statement, it is legal in most every state to shoot any dog
threatening you or your livestock.  And if you are offended, then you have
never seen the carnage firsthand.
Susan Ravan

> Connie,
>   There is NO Justification for shooting the dog with ANYTHING! Yes,  the
JR
> is a pest, and a biter, but that does not give you or anyone else the
right
> to shoot so-called harmless bbs into his flesh. The wounds can become
infected
> if the bbs penetrate the flesh. How would you feel if someone was
shooting
> bbs at YOUR dog? Animal cruelty is rampant in this country. As a long
time
> animals rights activist, reading about this act of cruelty enfuriated me.
Take
> the owner of the offending dog to court. Believe me, if he/she has to pay
> stiff fine for allowing the dog to roam free, the JRs owner will know you
mean
> business. If you report the dog to animal control, the owner will be
forced to
>  surrender it. STOP shooting those bbs!
>
> Gloria
>
> . I had neighbors that had Great Danes. The refused to tie up the dogs.
The dogs killed my new baby minuture horse I got for my birthday.