Grrrrrr, so irritated!!! Today, I had to take my daughter (who is only 12 by the way!) to take the ACT test in a town about an hour drive from home. Since the test lasted 4 hours, I was hanging in that town, trying to kill time, so I went to the flea market. This flea market always has a lot of people selling dogs and other animals. Normally, I like to walk by and look at all the cute puppies (of course, I would never buy one from a flea market!)

What I saw today angered me! There were 2 chi puppies, couldn't have been more than 5 weeks old, in a cage, shivering....it was really chilly this morning! Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: your are going to end up with a couple of pups with pneumonia if you don't get them out of this weather

Him: no, they are raised outside, so they are use to it

Me: (with raised eyebrows!) your kidding!

Him: no...I mean they have a dog house and everything, but they stay outside

Me: They are chihuahua's aint they (in case maybe they were some mixed breed that just happened to look like a chi)

Him: yea

Me: and they stay outside??? That aint good!

Him: I've been raising them for years and never had one die yet!

Me: And I raise AKC chihuahuas and wouldn't leave an adult chi outside, let alone a puppy!

Him Walks off without a word!

I walked on, and then about 5 minutes later I walked by again, and he had placed a towel over them in the cage. I'm glad that my words led to at least some level of warmth for the pups, but geeeeee it sure did anger me!!

Marsha

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua