I'm so sorry! It's so devastating loosing a pet. We lost our pug
in '99. He was outside going potty and was stung by a bee. He had an
allergic reaction and died instantly. It's always very hard to get
over. I hope your little boy doesn't blame himself. I have a 6 y/o
son and a 3 y/o son so I know how they make innocent mistakes all
the time. My thoughts are with ya'll.  ~Lacey

 In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "marsha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OH, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers
are with you and your family. Your son is young and I am sure he
meant no harm. We, as parents, must take such opportunities as these
to teach our children, but please be careful to make sure your son
knows, that while you are saddened by the loss, you still love him.
Often we don't realize the devastating effect something like this
can have on a child. If he is feeling guilt or feeling like he
is "not loved" because of his actions, it could damage his psyche
for life. You will be in my prayers.

Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 3:25 PM
>   Subject: [Chihuahuas] "Important"
>

>     IN LOVING MEMORY "MOCHA" 2006
>

>   Please remember "Never Leave out Buckets of Bleach Water when
Kids and Puppies are around"!!

>   Please remember everyone; I had to learn the hard way.  I was
cleaning the porch where I keep the dogs at night, Trixie , pizza
and our new pug Mocha-I didn't keep them in a cage, but now I will.

>   I told my son  to put the dogs out and my daughter, age 5 (son)
age 7 daughter on the porch for the nite-here again, I did not watch
my children do this-what a way to learn.  I didn't check on the
animals before I went to bed, cause I thought the kids put the dogs
out they are ok.

>   I woke up to find the pug dead in the bucket of bleach water-my
son had put her in there, he said she stunk-pugs are known to be
gassy-"BROKE MY HEART" He didn't tell me last nite that he did this
cause he knew I would be mad-and stupid me didn't check on them or
hear them , and I have a feeling my daughter knew it too, and again
it is my fault for not checking.  My son told me that he didn't know
dogs couldn't swim.

>   Needless to say, we are having a funeral service tonight and I
ordered a marker for the yard, it will cost 150.00, but I want my
children to always see her grave and to know about death, the money
means nothing compared to the loss, my husband probably will get
really mad, but I don't care.  I want my children to learn from this
experience.   I really don't think my son is mean, he just doesn't
understand, so tonight at the service, I hope he will.  I forgive
him, and myself-otherwise if I didn't, I don't think I could go on.