I just made up a weeks supply of food yesterday.  I'm gradually switching from canned to home made.  I used 1 pound of ground round (ground by me from a roast), 1/2 cup of brown rice and a few star pasta.  A small shake of garlic powder and a bit of bovril.

Then I mix it half and half with lamb & rice wet dog food.  I will eventually cut out the dog food and add frozen veggies.

They are "both" eating well now.  Even Daisy!

-------Original Message-------

From: ntvlawher
Date: 03/20/06 00:44:29
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: food?!?-DD

Hi Katie,

Its a stew of sorts that I make. I use basically fresh veggies and
meat, with some brewers yeast (in the summer for flea guarding) or
flax oil in the winter for dry skin. I generally try to prepare it as
though I am preparing baby food; not too strong, not too much spice
etc. You do have to be careful of things like broccoli and onions
which can cause gas. (painful for both you and you doggie that is!)
--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is interesting to me. What exactly do you mix that you then
puree and
> cube? If you already posted what it was, I apologize.
>
> Thanks!!
> Katie

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua