In a message dated 3/22/2006 12:03:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I have never even heard of this.  (I learn so much in this group.)  Susan, does the little guy's eye look normal?

     I never heard of it before this puppy either.  The bone around the eye doesn't grow, but the eyeball does grow to normal size as the puppy matures.  So, undue pressure on the eyeball.  I guess the pressure causes the subsequent blindness.  My issue is, "does that pressure hurt?", which is why I wonder how many animals afflicted with microthalmia have the eyeball removed.
     I'm certainly no millionaire, but I am responsible for my animals.  If one needed surgery, they'd get it!

Susan