I have a smooth and a long hair ( although my long hair -(Moxi) is only 3 months old and 1.5 lb right now she's pretty easy to handle at this point - except trying to eat the sprayer and drink all the water)  I've had more experience than I ever cared to at mom's shop  won't do it again I've told her that - now she abuses my 10 yr old daughter all summer - Audrey loves it (daughter - age 10)  they bond - and I don't have the patience to be in a small room with my mother ALL day - I own a daycare and with the kids i have all the patience in the world but not with my mom - even though I LOVE HER to death - WE are just to much alike to put in a confined space together for periods of time, but she is my best friend in the world, I grew up in the show world - my mother showed dogs/judged/trained ect...  and I was in competitive ballroom dance, and I want nothing to do with it now, nothing major happened, I just got bored with the travel,drama,compeditivness, ect.... of all off it with both of dance and showing.  I just love my dogs, and love to spoil the crap out of them, and I want the best for them (oh and my hubby and daughter - Tee Hee) I love being home now FT and just enjoying my family and pets.

Lacey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
lol, that's ok. I've had lots of experiences bathing long haired
breeds (we also gave baths at the clinic, but no hair cutting), but
never once had a long haired chi. I love that with the smooth you
can wash, towel dry really well, and that's it. I really figured
there was a little more to the long haired chis than what it is. It
was a pleasant surprise. :)  Lacey

In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Connie major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> oh sorry I must not of read and comprehended all of your post
didn't see you had that kind of cat, I'm think-in you already know
how to give a long haired animal a bath/grooming  - maybe someone
else can use the unsolicited advice   Tee Hee LOL   Connie Major

> Connie major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   As an owner of a long
haired chi, and spending way tooooooooo many spring/summers working
at my mothers grooming shop I can tell you long haired chi's are the
easiest long hair to do, as long as it's not an arm pit piranha -
but a muzzle fixes that lil problem, just make sure to get ALL the
soap rinsed out, and a dime size amount of conditioner is enough,
brush it while the conditioner is still in it;s hair and rinse
again,  completely or they WILL be itching and biting at their
legs.   Goog Luck

> Lacey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Not sure if I told all of you or
not, but I'm petsitting my neighbors
> chihuahua, Miesu. I'll be watching her for 3 months b/c both her
mom
> and dad are in Iraq. It's been one month now and I'm really
starting
> to get attached to her (imagine that!). But she has SO much
energy!
> Fifi is very relaxed so I'm not really all that used to a dog
running
> around a lot... lol. I had to give her a bath today b/c she went
> outside and found the biggest mud puddle she could and went
tearing
> through it like a crazed little fool! It was funny though. But
Fifi
> would NEVER do something like that. Miesu is a long hair chi and
this
> was the first time I've ever "groomed" one. It wasn't that much to
it
> all (nothing like my himalayan cat!). So maybe I'll go for a long
hair
> if I ever decide to get Fifi a little friend. Anyway, I posted a
> picture of the two under the photos section (under Fifi).  ~Lacey

>   New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your
PC and save big.

> " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
> Join today! "

>         Breed charm dog italian   Dog breed gift   Dog breed t
shirt     Dog breed charm   Dog breed shirts   Chihuahua