Bill,

Maybe you guys can teach him to be a homing Pigeon and take messages
back and forth.  I raised some baby birds as a kid that the mother got
eaten by a cat.  I fed them soggy cereal out of my cereal bowl on a
toothpick.  Don't know if thats healthy for them or not but it worked.

Chris

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> _How to  Care for Lost Pigeons_
> (http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/pigeongenetics/lostbird.html)
>
> _http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/pigeongenetics/lostbird.html_
> (http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/pigeongenetics/lostbird.html)
>

> Three Years ago, My partner came home with a frog that was found in
a bin  of
> lettuce that had come up to San Francisco from Salinas, near
Monterey, CA. We
>  built him/her a terrarium and bought him crickets or caught flies
to feed
> him/or  her. We had "froggie" for almost 3 years. He just recently
died, (tear).

> Well, Today! He came home early from his job at a high end catering
company
> where he is the pastry chef! I guess there was a pigeon (baby) that
was in the
>  parking lot our in the rain. So, we're both looking up what they
eat, it's
> not  banded, so It's not someone's property, and I suppose we now
have the care
> of a  small young pigeon. Excitement!
>
> BTW, Speaking of Rain, I have never ever seen so many days in March,
be a
> rain day. We and Hawaii have been hit with storm after storm, I
guess the
> weather experts are now calling it "La Nina". Really, it's Rained
more than the
> sun has shown all month. LOL, That's why we call this the "Rainy
Season"!