Hi Lacey,

Thanks for the tips, I trust your judgement and think vet tech
training is a good calling for you!!

lets see, I got Nubi when he was 7 months old. At that time he had all
eight canines fully in, and a few stray retained primaries. two of the
three strays that weren't canines came out of their own accord, while
I was brushing his teeth, as they were very loose.

I have no idea why at seven months, the vet would choose not to take
out the canines when he was under for his neuter. I think that I may
have chosen a greedy vet clinic. His neuter cost $400.00 and he was
there a total of maybe five hours. They also told me he had Guardia
and when I called Nubi's breeder to tell her, all of her dogs came
negative, and our cat came back negative aswell. Sort of fishy in my
opinion. Not to mention that the estimate to pull the canines was over
$900.....

I got a second opinion from my friends vet, and she was adament that
she would not put Nubi under just for a pull. She advised that I keep
up the brushing and flossing, and when I get his teeth professionally
cleaned, they could take them then.

What are your thoughts on these things?

DD.