What about a simple digestion project? You can use an animal image,
and the process is pretty simply, ie: what breaks down in the upper
intestine and lower intestines, and of course, (because kids love it)
what poo is and why we do it!   What little boy wouldn't love that!!

DD. (My daughter says, 'Mom, that's so grosse..you can't be seriously
suggesting a poop project..[insert disaproving facial expression here])