Hi Chris,

I know it sounds like I am  way over the top with the flossing!!
I sort of stumbled onto it one day. I had just brushed Nubi's teeth
and washed his under eyes with witch hazel, as I do every night, and
there was a bag of my daughter's flossing sticks on the bathroom
counter. There was some food stuck in Nubi's teeth and I just grabbed
one out of the bag, and slipped it between the teeth. It was so
simple, I just whipped through the rest of the teeth, and know he's
used to it.

I think the vet smiled a little when i mentioned it to her!!
--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> DD,
> Glad to hear it.  I have never heard of flossing a dogs teeth.  We
> brush every day, but never heard of flossing.  How do you get a dog to
> sit still for a floss.  I'm just curious.  Maybe I should start
> flossing Bear?
>
> Chris
>

> --- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "ntvlawher" <ntvlawher@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Chris,
> >
> > thanks for the tip. I got a second opinion from another vet and she is
> > not concerned about any of the teeth at all. The molar, which I was
> > most concerned with is quite loose and i manipulate it as much as I
> > can when I brush and floss his teeth, so hopefully it will come out on
> > its own. It is good to know that they can pull without puting him out,
> > if worst comes to worst.
> > --- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <campinnut@> wrote:
> > >
> > > DD,
> > >
> > > I'm no expert, but my vet said they should be checked at a year.
 They