Welcome to the group Lauren. Sorry to hear your baby has luxating
patellas. I've seen this in lots of dogs (worked as a vet tech) and
assisted in the surgery. The surgery is almost always effective... but
very pricey. I'm sure you're not all that concerned about the cost
since you just want your baby to be healthy. Did the vet say what
grade the luxation is (grade 1, 2, 3, or 4)? Grade 1 is a mild case
while grade 4 is the worst possible case and requires surgery.  ~Lacey