Geesh - You all should come to my house sometime - earplugs wouldn't even help !!
4000 square feet, 13 kids (daycare) my 10 yr old and her friends running in and out, , 3 dogs, a cat, and a hubby that loves loud engines of anykind. I Yell   HUH?? WHAT?? more everyday than most people say in a year

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I yell all the time.  I yell at my neighbor across the street because
I'm too lazy to walk over there.  He yells back at me.  I yell at my
wife so she can hear me at the other end of the house over the
dishwasher.  She yells back at me.  All yelling isn't bad.  Sometimes
you have to yell to be heard.

Chris

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/6/2006 10:15:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Sometimes you have
> to yell to get your point heard above all the  noise.
>

> <snip>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])  writes:

> One of the best things about having Tico in our family, is that he
moderates
> my anger and/or yelling. What is best about him, he shows me that,
My  anger
> isn't about communication, my yelling is about not being connected
to my
> source. It's fear, or at least that's how I see it.

> Tico just can't tolerate yelling, and I just bet my blood pressure has
> lowered just having him here. Indeed, He really is a great BIG (10
pound) gift  of
> God, and an example of love.

> This has been a long slow process for me, I was raised thinking that
yelling
> and anger were badges of courage. So, I have had to retrain myself,
slowly,
> step by step, to see that yelling isn't getting my voice heard, it's
abuse.
> I'm not attempting to throw stones, I'm just being honest about my
perception.

> Therefore, I ask our fellow group members, please don't yell in CAPS,
> online, but especially in this group. You might scare my
chihuahua/miniature