Yea, I am aware of the requirements believe me, lol. I actually got kicked off a yahoo rescue group a few weeks ago because I mentioned I was a breeder. Most people wanted to keep me on the group, including two of the moderators, stating that as long as I wasn't trying to sell my chis or get chis for breeding via the group, I was ok, but the owner said no breeders....period. Soooo. It was her group so I guess it was her right, but one of the moderators immediately asked me to join the rescue group she owned, so alls well that ends well. :-)
Marsha

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandi
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Rescue & breeding -

Marsha - Many organized rescues will not let people foster and/or adopt if their personal dogs are not spayed and neutered.  That is just the rules they have in place for the safety of the rescues.  Not saying it is right or wrong, just the way it is.

I know when I get in fosters, most have not been spayed or neutered yet.  I take them in for the S/N, vaccinations, health check up, HW test etc.  Some are too ill to be spayed/ neutered - so I have to get their help up first.  For that reason,  the rescues I volunteer for are very cautious about where the dogs will be fostered - so no "oops" happen before the S/N.

Some rescue is obviously having you foster, even though it's not a Chi rescue!  So you are helping the doggy world <smile>  Thank you for that!

Sandi Spears
Please help Rolie Polie Olie
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action="">

Mastiff Hope Rescue
www.MastiffHope.org

Bulldog Rescue Railroad
Double S Ranch & Rescue

marsha wrote:

Even if there were no moral dilemma involved in breeding a rescue, I would never want to chance an unknown with one of my babies. You just never know what could result. But, I got tired of trying to defend my self every time I offered to foster a chi, so I stopped. I always have at least one foster, but always a different breed. In fact, just an hour ago, I placed a German Shepard in his forever home....he had been with us since December. But since I love chis so much, I would love to be able to foster a chi even a chi mix....but like I said....got tired of the accusations. No one has ever accused one my pups of being a rescue off spring, they just seem to want to question my intentions when I offer to foster. To me, not worth jeopardizing the integrity of my breeding standards.

Marsha