You are welcome. I am not familiar with "Metacam".  If your vet pushes the surgery I would definitely look for a new one and get a second opinion from a orthopedic vet.

Emi
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:46 AM
Subject: [spam] [Chihuahuas] Re: New Member/Mary/ Luxating patella

Thank you for all of that great info!  We treated her with "Metacam"
for about 10 days, and she hasn't had an episode since.  The vet did
not take any xrays.  When I brought her in to see him, the knee was
popping out pretty easily.  I am really against any type of ortho
surgery, so if she can be treated conservatively and be comfortable, I
am all for that!
Thank you so much!!!!
Mary

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed jewelry
Dog breed charm Dog breed flag Dog breed t shirt