From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeanette
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:32 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Max

Hello! I am a new member here! I have a new chihuahua, Max...he is 7
weeks old. He is doing well in all areas except one..and I am hoping
for some advice. He cries terribly when I try to have him sleep
anywhere but my lap. Last night was his first night with us and I slept
in the recliner and held him because he carried on so when I tried to
put him down in his bed. I have a crate, but I don't know if I
should "insist" that he sleep there at night. Obviously I can't sleep
in the recliner forever...holding him..lol!! My husband is a very
patient and loving man, but we are not sure what is the best thing to
do for little Max. He seems to be very smart and has already really
caught on to "going" on the newspaper. I know Max is eager to please,
I just don't know what to do next. I can't stand to hear him cry...it
breaks my heart...but should I do it anyway? Just call me "sleepless in
Michigan" LOL!! Looking forward to your suggestions, Jeanette