Alternatively,if that doesn't work, try covering the crate. Mine just
wouldn't settle if left alone unless she was in her darkened crate,
when she thought it was bed time!
Also don't keep going back to her or shouting to her that you're still
there or to be quiet - if you do that, you've given her the attantion
she's been crying for