I'm a new chi mom myself but I think I can answer some of your questions. I
give my dogs (both toys) Eukanuba, it is great for them, it doesn't have
fillers and they poop less because they absorb most of what they consume.Of
course this make them eat just when they are hungry and not when they feel like
it. A small bag cost me around 11 or 12 at PetCo. I don't like Purina, it has
many fillers. I have two small children ages 9 and 6 and they get along well. I
think the problem with children is when they are too small and play rough or
step on them. You know your kids, and you know if they can be gentle with a
small dog. I keep my chi naked when the heat is like 75-80 during the night I
set it on 68 and that's when she wears her sweaters. BTW I bought some at Build
a Bear, Friends2bMade, Michaels and Hobby Loby. WalMart also has some cute
outfits but not sure they would fit a 2 lbs dog. eBay has good deals too.
Advice. . . do not let people from outside touch him because they
 as babies can get sick from what others bring to them. Chis have a tendency to
have low blood sugar so keep syrop or Nutri Cal always in the house just in
case. They need to eat at least two times per day. If your bed is high get him
dog steps because even though he might be able to jump on it, it could end up
braking a bone. Same with sofas. Hope this help, I'm sure all the ladies here
will give you more advices, I've learned a lot from them!

Questions for you, how old is your baby??? Do you have any pics???????

Congrats on your new adition!!

    Wilmary Nazario
"Even the tiniest Poodle or Chihuahua is still a wolf at heart"
            www.360.yahoo.com/wilmarynazario69
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/