No cat litter, I read they eat it.  I use a reusable pee pad, around
$25, can wash up to 300 times, so far so good...but I had to get a
pad holder too b/c my chi would move it all around!

Joan

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Sheila Babcock
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ut does more litter end up on the floor than the box. I'm using
the dog litter box with the Wee Wee pads and was just wondering the
benifit of switching to dog litter. Does it have to be dog litter or
can you use unscented cat litter?

> "Mandy F." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:            You don't even have to
use litter if you don't want to.  You can keep using pads in the box
or newspaper.  If you want to use litter, I would put a layer in the
bottom and then place a pad on the top so that your pup slowly gets
used to the feel of the litter.  Then gradualy reduce the size of
the pad until you are using all litter.