--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "jmm_9800" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hello, i have a one year old male chihuahua and i have tried to train
> him to use the bathroom outside. This has kind of worked, he knows how
> to scratch at the door to be let outside but this only works if someone
> is home. If no one is home he cant hold it long enough so he ends up
> having accidents during the day while im at work or away. This is
> ruining the carpet or any furniture he's peeing on. Also he cant sleep
> through the night without having to be let outside to pee. I've decided
> that i want to litter train him or use puppy pee pads so there will be
> no accidents during the day. but im not sure how to go about training
> him to do this?? please help

Read up on crate training.It really works. I took in a 7yr old that
was not house broke(thats why they gave her to me) and even after 7
yrs of not being house trained she became housebroke in about 2
months. And now when she is ready to go to bed she goes to her crate
just like we go to our bedrooms.