  From: Sherri
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: aggresive puppy

  I am a professional dog trainer and I did not say that carrying her would
cause the problem.  She already has the problem and you don't want to aggravate
it.  If a dog is not aggressive then sleeping on the bed is not going to make
them aggressive, but if they are it will certainly support their dominant
status.  Any dog that growls looses all priviledges until they learn who is the
boss.  She is trying this "boss" thing on and if she gets away with it, it will
get worse.

  She must work for attention and be given free love and kisses for nothing.

  Sherri

  marsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    I have had chis for 20 years, and have always enjoyed carrying mine around,
and they sleep on my bed, get on my furniture and all that. I have never had a
problem with that and it has never led to any aggression with any of my chis. I
don't think those things are a problem....the only thing you need to worry
about is correcting any signs of aggression immediately. I disagree that one
needs to be so aloof in order to tame aggression. I will correct an aggressive
pup one moment and give it lots of kisses the next. A lot like a toddler that
bites.....you correct the toddler and then you let them know you love them.
When my children were toddlers and did something that needed corrected, I might
would give a swap on the pamper, but then I would tell them they can't do that,
now give me a kiss. I do the exact same thing with my pups. They misbehave, I
correct, then I love on them.

    I have now been working on mom's puppy (4 months) for 2 days, and already,
once she growls, I place her in my lap on her back till she stops, then I pick
her up and give her a hug and kiss and go on with life. She is learning after
only 2 days.

    Marsha