Neutering a dog does NOT stop the marking, and I could be wrong about this but
I have a feeling that ALL males do it and yes you are absolutely right in your
thinking that when one male marks the other will come right behind him and mark
also. I speak from experience on the dogs marking behind each other as I had a
male and a female (bro and sis from same litter) then took a male rescue in and
they mark to their hearts content, I have had to put plastic over the bottoms
of chairs and furniture so they can't reach the fabric after  them ruining a
brand new recliner.
  I hope this doesn't sound mean as I sure don't mean for it to but I honestly
do NOT think you should get the male puppy after reading your post because you
will only be trying to find another home for him within days, if not hours
after his arrival and he will wonder what he did to cause rejection from
another human, so please just let someone else take him that will give him a
forever home with no strings attached. I know you mean well by giving him a
home but he needs a forever home, regardless of what he does as none of us
really know what all the little guy has already been thru. Good luck in finding
a female for a 2nd dog if you are planning on getting another one....normajean

chihuahualady264 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          ---If he is that terrible I can take him off your hands. He would fit
right in with my rescues!!!lol

In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, address2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My daughter dearly wants this little guy.....but.....she is living with
> my other daughter (short term*) who has a 2 yr old male shitzu. If we
> bring him into the family will the 2 of them start marking because of
> the male territory instinct? Does anyone know? Does anyone in the group
> have 2 male dogs living inside the same house? My daughters shitzu is
> housebroken except once in a while he poo poo's in the house. We r just
> concerned that having another male dog in the house could start a
> problem. I it did start them both marking is there anything we could do
> to stop or prevent it? Her shitzu is fixed, would that make a
> difference? Spanky is fixed, right? If u could get him to Marsha in KY,
> and if I can make arrangements with Marsha to get him from her, this
> might work. I live in the NE corner of TN about 200 miles from
Marsha. I
> could pay for gas for you and Marsha and the 15.00 fee. How much was
the
> vets bill? I would pay that too, if it wasn't a whole lot....LOL. I'm
> not rich, but she really wants him so much. She has wanted a chi that
> looks just like him forever!!!!!!! I really appreciate u getting him
out
> of harms way. TY!!!!!!!! U'r a sweetie! Let me know if we can work this
> out, and I get with Marsha about it too. Please if anyone knows if 2
> males together can work, let me know! TY!
> PS *short term, because she is waiting for her own place.But she knows
> she can have him at her new place.
>
> puppymotel wrote:
>
> >I have given this guy the name of Spanky...lol...No wonder no one
> >wanted this dog..He follows me everywhere, he snuggles in bed with me,
> >he has these huge gorgeous brown eyes that seem to look into your
soul,
> >he comes when he is called, he is housebroke (only tried to mark twice
> >and I said no no, that was end of that so far)was very polite at the
> >Pet Store, gives chi kisses (vet loved that), puts up with the clothes
> >I have put on him...Goosh, I just can't think of one reason why anyone
> >would want a dog like this, can you??? lol
> >The vet guesstimated him to be 1 to 1 1/2 yrs old...He is heartworm
> >negative and now on prevention, got his vaccination including
> >rabies..His weight is 8.8 lbs...
> >Now if only I can find a home for this guy where all his qualities
will
> >be appreciated and loved..
> >Dianne
> >

> >" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
> >Join today! "
> >Yahoo! Groups Links

"May you have just enough clouds in your life to make a beautiful sunset"