South Suburban Animal Clinic charged me and will not give me the
Heartworm medication I paid for. My daughter had the liter and my son
and I bought a puppy (2 puppies). Well it was their 17 week old appt.
My daughter arranged to have the owners of all puppies come and get
dogs last injections ( rabies and distemper combo, with de-worming)
Well they spoke with us on spitting 12 sentinal vs. one tablet as it
was cheaper and the other ladies could not buy a large quantity with
the cost of all at this time. I was sitting on the bench in the
corner of the room and the assistant gave me the rabies tag, she
later had me sign the charge card bill, also gave me the certificate
with the receipt. It was busy in the room and I was never given the
heartworm medication but paid for it. I came back to the office
within 10 minutes of leaving and explained they never gave me the
medication. The assistant said she had it on the table. I spoke with
the vet herself...I told them the assistant said she had it on the
table and it is now gone, accused one of the others in the room for
stealing it(by name). Later the vet used the information from the
assistant and told me and the other lady (3rd person) that this other
person took it per the assistant. I called her and she said she
didn't. My complaint it they gave me everything else Personally
(remember I am post-op was sitting on bench in room and they
personally gave me everything else. I had 2 puppies and I was not
given any medication. They are bickering over this, We paid for C-
section birth, later they stayed there for over a day after we had to
pay for emergency surgury (at the emergency vet) as they missed
sewing something with surgery andmom dog was bleeding internally and
we almost lost Mom Dog, we had many follow-ups d/T the size of
puppies (3 Oz. at birth) We did all injections and health visits with
them. I now need to find a new vet. They are not giving me what I
paid for...I feel betrayed. I feel they are not the type vet I want
as they changed story the day after saying assistant now says the
lady took if from her hand. Don't they inventory meds. Can't they
count the meds.
Karen