I think all that helps is staying calm and talking to her in a sooting voice,
not going on in a shrill voice like "My good doggy, doggy, I missed you so much
but just squat down and wait until she calms down a litle bit.

And the ankle licking? Well, maybe she is licking salt off your ankle? Or it is
her way of saying 'I love you' or she is wanting to say, I am bored, do
something with me?

Mareen
(PS: I am new here *waves* I hope it is ok to jump right in?)