From: donna norden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2007/06/19 Tue PM 11:02:21 CDT
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OFFER: Chuhuahua at lower price KY

Good post Shell. I could have and should have responded nicer to the original
post. I got upset that $$ seemed more important than a forever good home.
 Donna  ----- Original Message -----   From:  Michele   Burr   To:
Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com   Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:10 AM  Subject: Re:
[Chihuahuas] OFFER:   Chuhuahua at lower price KY
  Hi Donna,    This is exactly the way I feel about mine ... I would divorce
my   dh before finding a home for my pooches if they had a "problem" or there
were   hard times ... and I automatically assume everyone is the same, and it
 could never change for anyone - like my friend.  I never in a million   years
would have thought my friend would have rehomed my pooches sister, but   here
she is doing it ... I guess under enough stress people will do what they   have
to - she's doing what she has to do to just preserve herself and a home   for
herself and her two kids during her divorce and it doesn't include pets   right
now.  I haven't been able to say, "hey, one chi wouldn't kill you"  - because
I know she loves that dog more than anything in the world other than   her kids
- so I know it's killing her.  She's renting a "house" so I know   she "could"
take her chi - I don't get it and it's breaking my heart.      Anyway, we
don't know what "things" that Lisa mentioned are   that she's going through -
maybe just as hairy as my friend.  She   deserves the benefit of the doubt,
and kindness, I'm sure it will be difficult   to give her puppy up - I couldn't
do it.      Also, there are people who just dump their chi at a rescue   or
shelter - she's doing the right thing and finding her baby a home.     If it
was me making an adoption fee, I'd decide on   an amount and make it a
donation to the local humane society to help homeless   animals ... but I can't
give a baby up so it wouldn't be me!  I would   also need references, a home
visit, their parent's names and addresses, a two   week trial homing, and
weekly visits for the next month - LOLOLOL!  We   still visit our breeder
though - it's their doggie "grandma" after all   and they like to see the
other chis there.     Shell