"em"
Thanks so much for your reply it feels sooooo reassuring talking to
other people who have gone through the same experience.  Jabby has
pins too and hopefully with careful recovery they'll stay put!
Did your Pita have any issues with wearing the "plastic cone" around
her neck?  Or did she lick at all?
We're hoping the hair comes back in before it starts to get cold this
Fall.  Fortunately she's pee pad trained so she doesn't have to go
outside to go potty.
I'm sure this will get easier with each day!
:)

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "em" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My Pita had one of her knees done.  It took one complete year for
her hair
> to grow back!  She did hold her leg up for the better part of 3
months when
> running, but she resumed using her leg shortly after surgery.  Her
other
> knee doesn't seem to bother her at all even though it is luxating
as well.
> It's funny, she looks very much like your little Jabby.  They did
have to
> make deeper grooves for my little girl, and several weeks after her
surgery
> one of the pins came out and was poking her skin like a tent pole.
Luckily,