From: e holley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 6:33:57 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] New Member-therapy chi's

Hi, Everyone!

At present, I own two fabulous little male Chihuahuas! The first is named
PedroMiguel and he is 2 1/2. He (and I) have attended and graduated from a
great number of training courses and are now a fully certified therapy dog team
(The instructor didn't think a chi could do it!". PedroMiguel is, therefore, a
working dog and as such, goes to school with me for a very special project I
designed and now run. That project is the Paws For Literacy Club(trademark) .
This club is strongly based in the research of three separate fields,
education, animal science, and law related education. It is open to all first
graders at my school. It is the goal of the club to improve the reading skills
of the first graders who attend while addressing social issues through the
careful selection of the grade level appropriate books being presented. My
second chi is JuanCarlos and he is a four month old rescue that I flew to
Missouri to pick up this past July. He was being
sold at an auction from a puppymill. I am hoping that he too will complete
therapy dog training and take his place next to his big brother! As you can
probably tell, I love the training end!

Elizabeth