Thank you Claudia;

My daughter Caurel is severely autistic. she will probably never speak to 
anyone other than her mother, me and her school teacher. She will probably 
never be potty trained. She is seventeen. I married her mother and adopted her, 
knowing fully that  was walking into a situation over my head. She loves me, 
that I am clear on. she can be difficult and stubborn, but then again, so is 
her mother. What's the phrase, "Like Mother, Like Daughter"....

We don't go out in public much with Caurel, I live in an area where bigotry and 
prejudice against anyone not "normal", is acceptable to too many people. I've 
been told to leave my "retard" home. when he grabbed me to make his point 
clearer to me, I told him not to touch me or Caurel. he then proceeded to 
assault me. Right in front of two sheriff deputies, I broke his nose. The 
sheriffs arrested him for assault and public drunkenness. I drove home with 
Caurel and have limited my public appearances with Caurel. it now seems that 
this fellow leaves whatever room i walk into as soon as he see me. I found out 
from the Sherrifs that his stay in jail was less than pleasant after making 
some other stupid comment to someone who was not like him in skin tone....

The sad thing is, I think Caurel knows that she is different than other people. 

It is hard to type w/tears on my face and in my eyes. Thank you all for 
listening, thank you Claudia for the OT message.

My wife and I will celebrate the Winter Solstice and Yule with Caurel and Seth 
this December 21. Winter Solstice is the shortest day and longest night. After 
that, the days start getting longer, the nights shorter. We pagan, 
non-christians see the Yule as our New Year. May the God or Goddess you pray 
to, give you what you need the most in the coming year.

Bright Blessings; John Kariotis



      

Reply via email to