From: "ruff...@prtcnet.org" <ruff...@prtcnet.org>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, September 6, 2010 9:36:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Question

I think that is where way to many people mess up. they use the crate as a
means of punishment or something and the dog comes to hate it. If it is
used right, it does, as you say, become their "happy place". Mom's pup is
only 5 months old and already he knows his crate. He goes there when mom
leaves because he is still in the "destructive" stage....when he gets
older he will not be confined when she leaves, but for now, when she has
to go somewhere, she brings the crate into the living room and opens the
door and he just runs right into it, lol. I am trying to convince her to
leave it out for him with the door open at all times because he likes it,
but she doesn't want it sitting out.....
MArsha

> im having great success tethering monster to her open crate...big fluffy
> bed inside it, basket of toys  and pee pad outside it. food and water
> attached to crate (hamster water bottle)... its working great. she is
> beside my chair in the living room and goes with me in the morning,
> crate and all to my moms so i can care for mom and monster!...she gets
> off the tether whenever i have time to play and is great about keeping
> busy till i am....you have to make the crate their happy place... never
> a punishment place...toys, treats, naps, soft safe  place. a den. with
> an open door most of the time... my monsters door is always open. she
> is also almost spot on with pee pad seeking even when loose.
> darcy

This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
delete.

Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.

http://taylorstots.tripod.com/