well I hope the fleas win BIG AND SHARE WITH ME!!!! 

SHANNA

Visit my eBay Store For Childrens Wear
Specializing In Christening & Communion @ 
http://stores.ebay.com/Kavis-Christening-n-Communion-Store



 


--- On Tue, 9/28/10, Deanna Corey <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Deanna Corey <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Fw: Re: Promeris flea/tick stuff--IMPORTANT
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 2:53 PM















 
 



  


    
      
      
      
Yah Shanna...they are all at the slot machines!!!
 
Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
Deanna 

                                                             and
 The Dog Park Pack: 
Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Caleb and Maxine!!!
www.joys4toys.com






From: Kavi <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 11:35:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Fw: Re: Promeris flea/tick stuff--IMPORTANT

  





Hi

I am from California where fleas are a big problem, but now I live in Las Vegas 
Nevada. THERE ARE NO FLEAS IN VEGAS!  

shanna
















Visit my eBay Store For Childrens Wear
Specializing In Christening & Communion @ 
http://stores.ebay.com/Kavis-Christening-n-Communion-Store




 




--- On Tue, 9/28/10, Al McManus <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Al McManus <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Fw: Re: Promeris flea/tick stuff--IMPORTANT
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 7:06 AM


  



We live in an area thick with deer ticks.  We have found with our cats that 
Front Line and Revolution are too strong for a couple of them.  They are all 
healthy and huge but the products are just too much for them.  It makes us 
really hesitant to use it on the others and on the dogs but with the heartworm 
threat, it's one or the other.  Anyway, everyone on this site knows to read 
instructions carefully and err on the side of conservatism.




From: Amie McCaig <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 8:15:05 AM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Fw: Re: Promeris flea/tick stuff--IMPORTANT

  





passing this along; 

--- On Tue, 9/28/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:


From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Promeris flea/tick stuff--IMPORTANT
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 1:02 PM



pass it on everywhere, your lists!!
 
 











From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: [blind-deaf-dogs] Promeris
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 11:21 AM

I wanted to share with the group something that happened to one of my babies. I 
recently took one of my dogs to Fortpayne Alabama to a vet there. He is an hour 
from me but, I like the way he interacts with my dogs. While there, I decided 
to get some Frontline. He explained that he had patients unhappy with that 
product and began carrying Promeris. I hadn't heard of this product but felt he 
wouldn't carry it if there were problems.

I applied the product to seven of my dogs one afternoon. Everyone appeared to 
be fine however, Banjo(Shepherd/Collie X) vomited a bit of grass but, that 
wasn't alarming to me. I never left the
 house that night but was upstairs in my office working. When I came down 
stairs Banjo wasn't at the hallway door where he always waited for me. I found 
him in my bedroom laying on his pillow his little head between his paws, his 
eyes staring. I called for him, no response. My boy was dead. I couldn't 
understand what could have happened to my baby? He was only 4 yrs old. 
Beautiful, healthy, energetic boy. It was a holiday weekend(Sept 3) so I called 
the crematorium to see if they would allow me to freeze him until I could get 
over the shock of this and figure out what I wanted to do. It suddenly hit 
me,the promeris? I called my vet were I purchased this. He agreed that it was 
very suspicious and requested that I bring Banjo to him for an autopsy. As much 
as I didn't want to do this, as a rescuer,I felt it would be irresponsible not 
to follow through.

Our suspicions were accurate. The chemical in the product shut down his motor 
cortex at the base
 of his brain. It appeared that the neurological inhibitor put my Banjo to 
sleep. His application was for less than his body weight. The vet said that if 
he had gotten the full dosage he would have been gone in 30 minutes. The 
product takes 8 to 10 hours to get in to there blood stream. Banjo was dead 9 
hours after his application.

The company(Visor)that makes this product has asked for a pathology report to 
be done. Dr. Lee sent more tissue samples off to Auburn University and we are 
waiting for the results. Not certain the tissue will still be viable. Please 
tell everyone you know to stay clear of this flea/tick product. It's a roll of 
the dice and not worth the risk. I have 6 dogs that appear to be o.k. but, 
Banjo lost his life. I don't know that I have ever felt such heartache. I will 
fight in his memory to have this product pulled or at the very least have the 
wording"this product could be fatal to some dogs"added to packaging. My vet 
boxed
 up this product and sent it back to Visor after his autopsy findings. He said 
he would not carry a product that could harm a dog in this way. Thank you Dr. 
Lee. 

Sincerely,
Beth Ann Webb
Wet Noses and Wagging Tails 



____________________________________________________________
Get Free Email with Video Mail & Video Chat!







      

    
     

    
    


 



  











      

Reply via email to