Oh thanks - The only time's I had to deal with fleas in the past was visiting a friend down by the Beaches & I brought them home on my person & I think a squirrel or raccoon brought them in when my cat used to hang out on top of a grapevine covered kitchen roof. Just like in California [lived there years ago] our Beach area seems to encourage fleas so all the animals get it.  Normally it isn't something we have issues with in our area  & never at the farm. Yuck fleas!

:)



From: OKreationZ <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 12:54:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Miss Maggie's first Vet visit with me and my vet - Important Advice about Abbey

 

Frontline is topical flea treatment.
 
Huggles
Pat in OK 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 11/17/2010 10:53:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Miss Maggie's first Vet visit with me and my vet - Important Advice about Abbey
 
What is frontline & why should I get it?  It is a heart worm med?
LOL love your photo of the dog behind the desk




From: OKreationZ <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 9:41:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Miss Maggie's first Vet visit with me and my vet - Important Advice about Abbey

 

Call the local SPCA in your area.. Ours has a shot clinic once a week.. I got Isi's shots including her rabies for 14 dollars.. Now my dogs and cats go there for their shots.. Even with including a visit to the vet for a checkup it is still cheaper than going to the vet + the shots, and my vet is very reasonable, only 28 for an exam..
 
Huggles
Pat in OK 
 
PS I also get a months worth of frontline for only 14 dollars (for all three chis) from SPCA shot clinic.. They don't advertise that but they do it and they draw it up by weight so it is more exact then what you buy at the vets.. Lol..
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 11/17/2010 7:11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Miss Maggie's first Vet visit with me and my vet - Important Advice about Abbey
 
Very interesting news about Maggie - yes I've seen pups for sale @10 months and only had their 1st shots - guess they just don't get it & they do & they can't face the fees.  In my neck of the woods the fees seem very high.  I may have to get a Vet from a smaller community that doesn't take advantage of city folk or have high rental costs etc. 

I convinced the lady I'm getting our pup from,  to get the 2nd set of shots from her farm Vet.  A Vets a Vet in these thing - I guess I might be able to get my brother [[Vet] to do the annual rabies and heart-worm [brothers aren't always helpful].

I'm thinking of spaying her in the new year - any thoughts on that?  Some just don't if they aren't around males - wear pants for a while.  But I don't want the hassle & my Mom has a male collie.  It kind of frightens me about the spaying - although my dad told me its a very simple procedure - they want over $400 for it in my area.  I remember paying about $50 - 30 years ago for my Dob.  Nice inflation.

Sorry to hear about Abby.  Is there some way to know about this when they are pups? Could she take pain meds and keep her from jumping?? 



From: Nancy Lucky <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 11:04:25 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Miss Maggie's first Vet visit with me and my vet - Important Advice about Abbey

 

Well she did great and kissed everyone there. She weighs 1.8 and is 11 weeks old now. The Vet was very impressed at how socialized she is and said believe it or not he sees them at this age and they are already biting and growling. So that made me feel like a proud mommy! Abbey has done such a good job with her as her bio mom and breeder as she is very well balanced. And of course me, I have spent so much time just loving on her and playing with her and my grandkids have also helped so much.
His office staff lady told me of a puppy they just lost - the lady who had the puppies let them go at 5 weeks old! Poor baby and she died of Parvo. She said Parvo is going around real strong in our area so keep her away from Pet stores and Pet parks - I knew that but some people might not. You do not want to take your puppy to these places until he/she has had all of their shots and if they are small and not real healthy I would say even longer! You would be surprised at how many people do not get their puppy their shots.
I told Deanna most of this but I think it was in a private email if you are all reading it again - I am sure its still enjoyable! LOL
Abbey also had her check up and he really feels strong that I should get her knees fixed as she has luxtating (sp) patella - she is bow legged but she can run fast and never seems to be in any pain. I am asking again for your advice, should I just take her to the surgeon and see what he says? I have heard that the surgery is often not successful and often has to be repeated and then they get arthritis. I was just wondering if any of you have had the surgery done and what was your outcome and would you do it again? I know the longer I put it off the outcome can be compromised so PLEASE if you have any opinions please share with me.
XOXOXOX
Nancy and her amazing girls


 




 




Reply via email to