Hello:

Try the following to see the trailer of the movie.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Hachito&st=1&fs=





________________________________
From: Liz Bickel & Irv Weinberg <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 2:44:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Red, White, & Blue/Gloria

  
Same basic story.  Hachi was the name given to the dog in the American movie 
remake of the story. 


The original, real life dog lived in Japan.  He was named Hachito and passed 
away back  in 1935 or 1935.  As in the American movie version, the real Hachito 
 
waited for his master's return for 9 long years at the train Station.  


There was also another similar story written by one of our famed American short 
story writers.  That  might have been O'Henry, but I really no longer remember 
the exact  details or if he was really the author.   I read this short story in 
high school.  That story might not  have been about Hachito specifically, but 
it 
was about a dog who waited...  Very, very  touching.    I know that O'Henry had 
his own dog buried close to him.  So he had a strong  love of dogs.  So maybe 
that's why I think he was the author of the story I'm thinking about.  But I'm 
not positive of the author.  I just remember the short story.  It took place 
here in the US around the turn of the Century (last).

The newest, Americanized movie  of  Hachito has recently been on the Hallmark 
Channel.  It is a real tear jerker.  Nevertheless, it also shows devoted our 
canine friends can really be.  If you get the chance, watch this move!  If I 
ever get to Japan,  one of my "must sees" is the statue in honor of the real 
Hachito in Tokyo. 


Liz


Wait a minute, I think the dog in the story I was told was named Hachi??? 
Gloria
 

 

Reply via email to