Glad to get news from you and Pia.   Sounds like you have done a good job 
getting her on her way.  She is so cute that I'm sure finding her a good home 
will be the easy part.

That being said, and after reading all the trials and tribulations you and she 
have been through, I'm wondering, will you do this again?

All the very very best to you both.   mj,  benji and tilly



________________________________
From: freddyscribbles <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, May 21, 2011 10:44:47 AM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] For those following Pia's story

  
Just a quick update

- Pia seems to have kicked the kennel cough. She's still a little sniffly. But 
the cough itself is gone. Her respiration in general is much better. Her energy 
levels are up. She's an active little one year old.

- The howling is definitely an attention thing. The periodic howls are getting 
less and less frequent and shorter and shorter in duration. Although I don't 
know that I'll have broken this particular habit by the time I find her a 
permanent home, there has definitely been an improvement. She's also learning 
that jumping up and down like a jack rabbit and scratching my leg will not get 
the response she wants. In short - she's well on her way to being a 
well-mannered canine citizen.

- This coming Tuesday we finish up the vetting - we'll be making an early 
morning haul up to the Lancaster Shelter for her spay, rabies vaccine, and 
microchip.

- The exercise pen is a God-send. It has been worth every penny. I can now 
leave 
the house without worrying. And it prevents her from being constantly under 
foot. She's gotten used to her new environment, and accidents have been fewer 
and fewer. More importantly, the creation of a doggy den has definitely made 
her 
less spazzy. Night time crating has also been a blessing. 


- Strangely, one of the biggest triumphs has been finding a cookie/treat she 
likes. She loves the bully sticks. Although she seems less keen on the new sort 
I got her. I may have to go pick up some of the old ones from the local shop. 
She also loves the little Cesar soft chews. Vile stuff. But I guess if it's a 
treat, it's allowed to be junk food.

- Fliers start going up next week. Fingers crossed that I can find this little 
girl the perfect home.


 

Reply via email to