Babies have to go more often but pooping 5 times a day sounds excessive to  
me.  Maybe its his diet, what does he eat and how often? You could try  
another diet.  You might want to try putting him in an X pen when you're  gone, 
you can put a pee pad or a litter box in it for him to use.  I  think most 
dogs like to lick, some people don't mind it, I don't like it, so I  had to 
tell my little guy "no lick" over and over again.  Now, if he licks,  I just 
say "no lick" and he stops. As for fleas, I don't think Chis are more apt  
to get them than any other dog.  My vet put Emiliano on a monthly pill,  
Comfortis, and he never has fleas.  About feeling warm, I have never  noticed 
that in my Chi and don't know what might be causing it in yours,  perhaps you 
should ask your vet.
 
Gloria
 
 
In a message dated 8/26/2011 3:52:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 
 
 
O.k., I'm new to the Chihuahua ownership thing and since my  little Trooper 
didn't come with an instructions manual, I need some help with  a couple of 
things.

1.  Why do Chi's lick so much?  Trooper  wants to lick our face ALL the 
time!  Especially my son's  face.

2.  Trooper feels very warm, almost like he's running a  fever or 
something, but he's not.  Are Chi's just HOT  dogs?

3.  FLEAS!  I've never seen so many on a dog!   Frontline didn't do a 
thing!  My poodle doesn't have any but I'm  constantly picking them off of 
Trooper.  Are Chi's flea  prone?

4.  Do Chi's have bladder issues?  Trooper seems to  have to GO a LOT.  He 
can't hold it longer than 3 hours or so during the  day but he can at night 
for nearly 8 hours.  He poops like 4-5 times a  day.  He's the poopinest, 
peeingest dog I've ever seen!  I can't  stay gone for very long (I crate him 
when I leave the house) or he will wet in  his crate.  Is this just because 
he's little or is this a "Chi"  thing?

Trooper is 19 weeks old.  He is nearly housetrained (I've  had him for 2 
months) but does have an accident every couple of days next to  the kitchen 
door where I let him outside.  It usually happens at night  when he gets the 
puppy crazies and then suddenly realizes he has "to go" and  makes it to the 
door but can't hold it.  No more accidents on the carpet,  thank God! 

Lisa 



Reply via email to