HEY ANN - why does your vet feel it necessary to do a heartworm check every 
year if your pups are on it all year long?  (do you live in a high risk area?) 

(just curious....I work at a vet's office - as long as your dog is on it year 
'round - testing is done every other year on an adult dog at our hospital ).  I 
always like to hear the reasons/opinions of other vets and their procedures. 

Thanks, Lynda 


"I wish my book of life was written in pencil … There are a few pages I would 
like to erase" 


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Banks" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:59:58 AM 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 

  





What kind of heart worm stuff does she eat? My boys take a pill once every 
month called Intercepter for heartwormsl and other parasites.They gechecked for 
heart worms once a year. 
Ann 


sent from Ann's IPAD 

On Jan 18, 2012, at 8:35 PM, " [email protected] " < [email protected] 
> wrote: 





  





Oh no, don't see the bones.  Can sure feel them though!  I just had her at 
the vet getting weighed and nails trimmed.  I was a little nervous about 
her slim build, but apparently they didn't.  She's getting her heart worm 
stuff... And had all her shots and worming.  Took nearly the whole 6 months for 
shots and stuff  She is good about her shots.  Takes her 2 days to eat the 
heart worm stuff.  She isn't fond of it. 
Her biggest problem is that she doesn't 'lead', but she's great if she does the 
leading!  
  
  

  
  


Ardy <Celtic_Harp.gif> 
-------Original Message------- 
  

From: Peggy & The Girls 
Date: 1/18/2012 3:56:35 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 
  


Ardy, are you saying that you can see the bones on her back? Can you see her 
hip bones on her back too? You shouldn't be able to see the bones, but just 
feel them. 
  
If that is the case, then she is very underweight. Have you taken a sample of 
her stool to the Vet and checked for worms? There are worms that they get and 
you can not see them in the stool, so a fecal test is important. Also, has she 
been test for Heart Worm? That's a blood test, and it must be done before given 
heart-worm meds. Since she is a puppy, she is very susceptible to worms. 
Another thing that could cause underweight is a under active thyroid.  I know 
you want her small, LOL, but I don't think you want bones, LOL! 
  
<18294R~11.GIF> 
  
  

  
  

-------Original Message------- 
  

From: [email protected] 
Date: 1/18/2012 2:25:34 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 
  


Right now she is kind of skinny... Backbone is a ridge.  But, she eats all she 
wants, so maybe that's just her build.  I sure am nuts over her!  As I think a 
few of you are nuts over yours!!!!   Gosh, now I'm glad to have a short haired 
dog since I can't think of anything I'd less rather do than trim rear ends!  
  
  

  
  


Ardy <Celtic_Harp12.gif> 
-------Original Message------- 
  

From: Pam Dean 
Date: 1/18/2012 6:19:40 AM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 
  

I dont think she will get much bigger..I have had a few tinies..got to love 
em..Bino is six years old now and he is pretty consistent with his 
weight..actually weighing exactly the same for three years now.  I would say 
she will fill in a bit as she matures but probably wont get much over 3 1/2.  
Of course I am very strict with the food on my dogs..no people food..and 
measuring quantity.  I think it is so sad to see little obese chihuahuas that 
look like sausages on stubby legs.  As a breed they have such beautiful bone 
structure..shame to cover it with fat rolls. 






From: " [email protected] " < [email protected] > 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:27 PM 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 


  


<Animation22123.gif>  



Thanks!  That sort of gives me an idea...    
  
  

  
  


Ardy <Celtic_Harp234.gif> 
-------Original Message------- 
  

From: Lynda 
Date: 1/17/2012 9:56:21 AM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chi Growth chart (just for fun)... 
    


nothing scientific - just something fun to look at - contemplate 'how big will 
my chi be'.... 
  
http://lovethechihuahua.com/index.php/chihuahua-dog-breed/chihuahua-puppy-growth-chart
 
  
  
  
                

Creations By: 
Kathy Woodcock  
Made for 
Ardy 
Jan 12 <Image61345.jpg> 
  
  
  
        






Reply via email to