Not in the case that started all of this. Come on people!

From: [email protected] 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:37 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot




I agree with you Pam. People baby little dogs too much sometimes and the 
unwanted behaviors only become more prominent that way. No dog should snap at a 
persons face, I don't care what the situation is! The dog needs consistent 
discipline and fast! 
Shari


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Pam Dean" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:31:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

  
I dont think she is over-reacting..I think the group is frankly.  She comes to 
us with a question about aggressive behavior and how to deal with it, and she 
gets jumped all over.  A flick on the nose is not physical abuse for crying out 
loud.  She is exactly right..this is the time to deal with these type of 
behaviors, when the puppy is young.  This is exactly how little dogs become 
little tyrants because they don't have strong Alpha pack leaders and 
rules..just like children.


From: diana roller <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot


  
Just because she doesnt like people in her face does not mean that she needs to 
be disciplined. Dogs have an instinct as to what people they can trust. Also, 
has anyone taken the time with her to socialize her ~ gently and over a period 
of time, NOT JUST A SNAP ON THE NOSE?????? It sounds like you are being way too 
impatiant with her as well as expecting too much too soon. Dogs are like kids, 
each personality is different. Maybe she just needs a little extra loving and 
gentle care.
I will take her off your hands if you like. I hate to see you both so upset.
Sincerely, Diana

From: sheila <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot


  
Yeah, I think you are over reacting. Itsy will do this because she does not 
like being startled or bothered when she is sleeping. I always make it a 
point to say her name name and here girl, come on girl time to go out. She 
is fine then. Don't get your feelings hurt, it is not personal, it is a 
reaction.

I guess my point is that not all things fit all dogs. Sounds to me like she 
just does not want to be bothered while she is resting. Not all dogs will 
always be alike.

Ask yourself how she is otherwise? Is this the only time she does that?

Sheila

-----Original Message----- 
From: Lynda
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:41 PM
To: mailto:Chihuahuas%40yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

Hi Everyone,
I'm noticing some behavior in Charlotte (3 mos chi), that I have never 
experienced and do not like. My other 2 dogs are sweet, well behaved, 
loving, even tempered loves. I've worked with them & they are such wonderful 
dogs-well trained & very respectable. (altho they've trained me well too) 
LOL
I've noticed when I lean over to kiss Charlotte when she's sleeping she 
snaps @ my face. The first time she did this I was shocked! Did it again and 
couldn't believe it-my feelings were hurt. Then I went to move her & she 
growled. I gave her a 'no' command each time but she doesn't even react to 
the command. I tapped her nose once & said 'no', but she just curled up & 
when back to sleep. I will not accept this behavior so I make a point of 
'bothering' her sometimes when she's sleeping so we can work on this. 
Anybody have any other ideas?
Lynda

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links












Reply via email to