Thank you so much for your input.  I will try both the lotrimin/hydrocortazone
mixture and the tea tree oil.  In my mind, anything I can do naturally has to
be better than the poisons the vet is suggesting.  It may be necessary to go to
those in the end but not right now.  He is a little perkier today and is eating
and drinking well. Still very tired and will be for some time I am sure but
starting to show a little personality.  He did get his first bath today with an
antibacterial shampoo, which I had to leave on for 15 minutes.  It couldn't be
comfortable because my hands are very dry and a little stingy but he is much
cleaner.  Was so dirty, scabby and oily , not to mention stinky, before.  He
was pretty stressed so got to wonder if he has ever had one before.
Introduced him to our pack today for the first time.  All went so well.  He is
very submissive and sweet, tail wagging all the time he was surrounded by them
lol.  He and my Bino are almost the same coloring and size.  This is the first
strange dog Bino has not gone all barky and defensive in their faces.  It was
amazing to see them..I think it is because this is the first dog that has not
been bigger than him plus Tino's submissiveness.  But the strangest thing was
my husband's Jack Russell who is an old grumpy, pretty psycho bugger most of
the time.  Jack was very gentle with him and Tino loved him..He must be used to
bigger dogs..

Anyway a pretty positive morning.  Tino sleeping all the excitement off now and
I am going to try to get something done other than puppy care.