So sorry.  I have been there.
Short of removing your carpet?
For a while I bought some of those clear plastic runners and when Desi missed
it was easy to clean off.  It didn't stop him completely.  I wonder if you have
to keep him on a leash and keep taking him outside...or maybe keeping him
confined to a small area and then broaden it a little...if he starts on the
carpet again, then the area gets smaller.
Is Jo-jo a puppy or an adult?