Hello all, new member here.  I wanted to introduce myself (Robert) and
the real star attraction my loving Chihuahua named Minnie.  You can see
a picture of her taking a look out of the window of my '69 VW Bug in the
album titled "Minnie".   A condensed story of how she and I met follows.

A couple of years ago I was living in a guest house in a backyard in the
San Fernando Valley.  Both the front and backyards were completely
fenced off with wrought iron gates and my landlord had two sibling dogs
(Chi/Poodle mix) that lived in the backyard.  One day he came home and
found a Chihuahua puppy sitting at his front doorstep and there were no
breaks in the fencing, which led us to believe that the puppy was either
placed or thrown over the fence into the front yard, perhaps when the
perpetrator saw the two dogs in the backyard.

Living in the San Fernando Valley, where the prevalent dogs found at
shelters are Chihuahuas and Pit Bulls, this seemed like a reasonable
conclusion.  Our theory goes like this - Mother Chihuahua had puppies,
puppies were raised to 3 months old, puppies were distributed in the
neighborhood to homes that seemed like they would be able to raise the
puppy.  In any event, the puppy was placed into the backyard with the
other two dogs and she began to socialize and play with them.   I found
out about the puppy later from my landlord, and since he already had two
dogs I told him that I would adopt the Chihuahua.  My girlfriend brought
her into the house in her arms and she looked so tiny I said she looked
like a miniature dog and thus her name, Minnie was given.

Now that I've had her for two years in order to avoid telling that story
I just say that the stork brought her and that's how she ended up on the
doorstep.  For the past two years she has been an absolute joy and a
great companion for me.  I look forward to sharing more stories about
her and learning more as an owner through others in this group.