I think that Dolly & Desi are my last, too.
When I just had Dolly, my neighbor said that she would take her if something
happened to me...Dolly loves her and she loves Dolly.
When I got Desi, I knew she couldn't have two, so I told her that 'on paper'
they are hers when I die.  The only thing I ask is that she find a good home
that will take both of them and love them.  My neighbor across the street said
that she would take them, and she truly adores them also.
Put a signed paper with your will of your wishes for your pups...otherwise they
are property and they will be sold or given away as your executor wishes.