This is a great salad for a bunch or a whole meal for a family.
I usually fix this when several of us from different camp site get together for
dinner.
FOR CAMPING:
I had everything ready and in separate baggies. Just opened the baggies and
dumped everything in the bowl......all except the avocados because they would
turn black.
I usually made it when Mom/Daughter & I were camping on the first night, Quick
and Good. For just the 3 of us I made smaller portion and saved the left over
beans to make chili 2-3 nights later.

CHARLENE'S MEXICAN SALAD

1 to 1-1/2lbs ground chuck(hamburger)
1 can red kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
1 can whole black olives
1-2 tomatoes (depending on size)
1/2 lg green bell pepper
1 package green onions*
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 8oz package Mexican 4 cheese**
1 bag Fritos***
1 16oz bottle Kraft CATILINA Dressing****
2 avocados(optional)

1. Brown the hamburger/ drain & spread out on paper towels to cool
    OR get out the ground beef you have cooked at home
2. Drain & rinse the 3 types of beans. Put into bowl, stir to mix.
3. Quarter the olives (do not chop small you want to be able to taste
    them). Toss with the beans.
4. Chop seeded tomatoes(seeding optional) Add to bowl, lightly toss to
    mix.
5. Seed the bell pepper and chop into approximately 1/4 inch pieces.
    Add to bowl and toss lightly with bean mixture
6. Clean and chop the whole green onions/ white & green parts.
    Add to bowl and toss lightly.
7. Mix the ground beef into the bean mixture.
8. Chop the lettuce into bite size pieces & place in a large separate
    bowl.
9. Add the ground beef/bean mixture to the lettuce. Mix well.
10. Add the Fritos & cheese. Toss the salad.
11. Add enough Catilina dressing to coat thoroughly.
12. Stir in the 2 avocados chopped last where they will not get
      mushed when tossing the salad. (The avocados add a good taste but
      the salad is terrific without them).

NOTE:
*I have use either red or yellow onions
**The Mexican 4 cheese can be substitute with shredded cheddar
    with changing the taste( I use it the most because it is what I
    usually have on hand)
***Do NOT use anything except Fritos
****Use only the Catalina Dressing or the whole salad taste will
        be ruined.

The portions used of the ingredients can be changed to suit your personal taste.
I tried to write this out like you would find it in a cook book.
It isn't as complicated as it sound.
Just dump everything in the bowl and add the dressing & avocados.

SERVING SIZE:
Depends on if you are serving it as a family meal(which is great dinner)
then it would feed about 5-6 large portions.
At a pot luck........would depend on how much the guests put on their
plates. Be sure to get there before everyone else gets to it because I have
found it goes REAL quick.

Remember this is not something to let sit to long. For a pot luck take your
Fritos and Catalina dressing with you and toss it all together after you get
there.

I really love this salad..........
Hope you like the look of this and will give it a try.

CHARLENE....Oklahoma
Strangers Are Friends...Not Yet Met
To See GOD's Wonders... Travel