Pam, God bless you for saving this poor, innocent baby.  Love the name!

Laura and the Usual Suspects,
Dalton, Delilah, Dory, Garrett, Jill, Bear, Lucy and Bentley

-----Original Message-----
From: Pam Dean <muffinsbab...@yahoo.com>
To: Chihuahuas <Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 11, 2012 8:29 pm
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] World's Ugliest Dog Contest

Long day.  Got Cosmo home..then to the Vet.  Then back home to introduce him to
the pack.  Went very well.  He is a very mellow guy..Lots  of tail wagging
..seems to like everyone..people..animals..kids.  Very good guy at the vet.,
No mange this time..thank you God.  Has a lot of flea dermititus..but they did
treat him for that in the shelter.  sores are starting to dri up..Was able to
give him a bath..ohhh stinky greasy little furbaby.  Looks much lighter. Don't
think he ever had one..was terrified of the water poor thing.  Looks like
chocolate merle to me..lots of colors from white to dark brown.  When his fur
grows back in, going to be a beautiful Chi. Nice face and conformation.  Very
itchy after bath so gave him some Benedryl. Eating and drinking fine.  He is
not one of my tinies for sure.  Very thin with short legs but he is 4 1/2
pounds now underweight so probably going to be 5 to 5 1/2 when he is filled
out. Big furry Chi.
Definately been abused.  Tentative in coming to you although he wants the
attention.  Flinches when you reach for him so it will take some time for
trust. But he did let me hold him when he finally crashed.  Now sleeping on a
blanket beside me.  Not too crazy about the crate but hopefully he will settle
in for the night without too much fuss.No accidents in the house..so far..so
seems to have been inside at some point.
Pictures tomorrow for sure..everybody too tired tonight..