HI all,

I haven't posted for quite awhile either but I do keep track of what's going
on with the group.I have a similar problem with my year and a half chi,
Valken.  He's the only dog in the house and he's pretty good about most
things.BUT.anyone comes into the house and he goes nuts. If I hold him he
seems to calm down but as soon as I let him down, he goes straight for the
person to try and nip their ankles etc or if I am holding him and get close
to the other person he will try to nip them.  If I take him anywhere, he's
fine.but in the house he just goes nuts.  Anyone have any ideas of the best
way to go?  I haven't been able to really devote lots of time to it before
now.and I had been trying some of the stuff that I saw in a dog whisperer
video (don't laugh!) where he worked with a chi with the same problem.
Obviously, I missed something because we still have the problem.  Any
thoughts?  I really don't know the most effective direction to go with him.

After we first got him a year or so ago, Peggy gave me a very specific list
to follow to get him potty trained.and we were able to get it done.  I'm
hoping that I can get some training so he can be a gentleman when guests
come to the house.

Thanks.  (and thanks again, Peggy, for the potty training!)

Megan

Megan Burleson

Merrimac Alpacas

Snohomish, WA