I used belly bands on my 17 yr old dachshund for 2 years.  He only took it off
or fussed with it when it was wet.  He dripped when he slept and sometimes when
he was held.  I finally had to put him down due to renal failure.  It was hard
but I was comfortable with it since he was 17. He lived 3 years longer than the
average 14 yrs.

             \
               \  /\
               (  )