My Desi Lou had one littermate brother.  Except for the fact that one was
chocolate and one was blue with the same markings, they were from the same sire
and dam.  At 4 months, Desi was at least an inch taller than his brother and
his parents were 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 lbs and Desi Lou is a little over 8lbs and
very thin.  Definitely Desi got more of something that was dormant.
Also, both of the boys had the cryptorchid condition...tells me that they had
the same father and of course, the same mother.